Education Choices
Contact-us
 
Home » Education Articles » Trades, Careers, Vocations » How much does an Electrician make per year?

How much does an Electrician make per year?

Trades, Careers, Vocations

How much does an Electrician make per year? 

Electricians specialize in the electrical wiring of buildings, machines, and equipment. As a graduate from electrician school, you can focus on the installation of new components, or the maintenance and repair of existing components and systems. You can also specialize in the wiring of ships, airplanes, or other vehicles, as well as data and cable maintenance.

How much does an Electrician make per year? - Electrician SchoolsAs an electrician school graduate, you can expect to earn an average annual salary of approximately $53 000, at an average hourly wage between $25.00 and $ 30.00.

Your total income is affected by a number of factors:

Education: You must earn an electrician degree from a recognized electrician school in order to become a licensed electrician. Approximately 80% of your electrician degree will be comprised of experiential, hands-on learning, while the remaining 20% will occur in the classroom. All electrician degrees will require you to complete an internship, which combines practical knowledge and experience with the theoretical knowledge you acquire when taking your in-class electrician courses. Common electrician courses include: Electrical Theory, Heating and Cooling Controls, Circuit Fundamentals, Magnetic Control and Switching Circuits, Electrical Code and Blueprints, Fire Alarm Systems, and Transformers. You can attend electrician school online or on campus.

Experience: As an apprentice, you can expect to earn approximately half of what a licensed electrician earns. After you complete your apprenticeship, earn your electrician degree from a recognized electrician school, and pass your licensing exam, you can begin to build valuable practical experience in your chosen field of specialization. The more experience you gain after graduating from electrician school, the more you can expect to earn.

Location: The location of your employer can affect how much you earn. Your location affects your cost of living, which in turn affects your average annual income. In addition, some geographical regions exhibit a higher demand for electrician school graduates, which will result in a higher annual income than if you choose to live and work in an area that has a lower demand for electricians.

Industry:If you choose to use your electrician degree to work in a large or complex industry with higher levels of risk or danger, you will require more technical training and expertise and can therefore expect to earn a higher annual income. For example, an electrician school graduate who performs maintenance on a building will earn less than an electrician school graduate who maintains an airplane.

Specialty: Your area of specialization will affect your annual income. The electrician courses you take while earning your electrician degree will help you determine which area of specialization interests you the most. If you are skilled in a particular area of specialization, you can expect to earn a higher than average annual income. Electrical power distribution, transmission, and generation are often the highest paid areas of specialization.

Union Membership: Unions are often able to negotiate a higher wage for their members.

Some companies or employers also offer bonuses and incentives or profit sharing programs to supplement an electrician’s average annual salary. The demand for electrician school graduates is rising, and there are no predictions that this demand will decrease in the future.

 
Find School(s) With Degrees In Vocational Education
Find the Right ONLINE SCHOOL With Degrees In Vocational Education Find the Right CAMPUS SCHOOL With Degrees In Vocational Education
 
Schools Related to Trades, Careers, Vocations Category
 
Complete Form to Find
Best Matched Schools
School Type
Education Level
Program of Interest
Specialty (Optional)
Zip Code / Postal Code
ONLINE SCHOOLS
CAMPUS SCHOOLS
LATEST ARTICLES
 
» Mechanics FAQ's
» How much does a
   Automotive Detailer make
   per year?
» Automotive Detailing
   Schools
» Auto Mechanic Salary &
   Career Facts
» Auto Body Repairs
   Specialist Salary &
   Career Facts
 
VOCATIONAL EDUCATION ARTICLES
 
 
CATEGORIES