Online Small Business Degree
Every large corporation from Coca-Cola to Google, started out as a small idea with big possibilities.For many people, owning their own small business is the fulfillment of adream. The successful small business—a restaurant, day care center, sporting goods store, computer services business, etc. - provides financial independence and professional satisfaction.Small business is what future corporate empires are built from, so if you have an entrepreneurial spirit and want to venture out on your own – then an online small business degree may be the right choice for you.
An online small business degree program should be designed to provide potential small-business owners and managers with the knowledge and skills to operate a successful business. Small businesses represent the vast majority of businesses around the world. Properly prepared small business owners and small business managers are the key to success in a competitive economy.
Online small business degrees are available as associates, bachelor’s and even master’s degrees. Since a small business degree is about starting your own business – you can determine what level you wish to achieve as it pertains to your business and the goals you want to achieve.
As a student in this online small business degree program, you will learn how to:
• maximize marketing strategies
• think, speak, and write about organizational issues
• analyze business data to solve business problems
• understand capital risk and reward metrics
• use finance and accounting measures to drive business decisions
• execute contract agreements
• prepare your business for the cultural implications of a global marketplace
Small Business Courses
An online small business degree school should havesmall business courses that relate to managing a small business, including accounting, finance, marketing, human resource management, economics, computer systems and law. In addition to management knowledge and skills, the Small Business degree program should offer the chance to explore entrepreneurial opportunities. A selection of potential courses is listed below.
• Business - Its Nature and Environment
• Introduction to Computers and Applications
• Introduction to Marketing
• Mathematics of Finance
• Management Studies: Canadian Business Law
• Foundations of Strategic Marketing and Planning
• Microcomputer Business Applications
• Financial Analysis
• Effective Business Writing
• Marketing: Effective Selling
• Decision Analysis
• Budgeting and Forecasting
• E-Commerce for Small Business
• Business Plan Writing for Small Businesses and Entrepreneurs
• Operational Issues in Small Business Management
• Human Resource Management
Small Business Career Outlook
The outlook for small business graduates is bright, with a variety of positions available in virtually every city in the world. If you choose not to start your own business, there are other opportunities available to small business school graduates.
• business marketing manager
• business analyst
• finance examiner or analyst
• financial adviser or loan counselor
• management accountant or internal auditor
• marketing strategist
• operations manager
• property or real estate manager
Above all, the options are vast for an online small business school graduate. Whether you choose to start your own future empire or work for another empire – the outlook is good and the salary can grow with experience.