Stevens-Henager College was founded in Ogden-West Haven, Utah, in September 1891 by Professor J.A. Smith as the Intermountain Business College. The College's purpose was to teach commercial subjects and place graduates in business positions. The College was known over the following 68 years as Smithsonian Business College, Moench University of Business, and Ogden-West Haven Business College. In 1959 the name was changed to Stevens-Henager College. The main campus is in Ogden-West Haven, and branches were established in Provo, Utah, in June 1978; Salt Lake City, Utah, in August 1999; Logan, Utah, in October 2001; and in Boise, Idaho, in April 2004.
Today, Stevens-Henager College is known for its high educational standards. Academic majors are designed specifically to meet the changing trends and requirements of the business and medical employment markets. Business, technical, and medical leaders have come to recognize Stevens-Henager graduates for their superior training and their outstanding professionalism.